Tuesday 30 June 2015

Legendary comic, Alibaba says he does not feel threatened by younger comedians

Fifty year old comedian Ali Baba, who is regarded as the godfather of Nigerian comedy says he does not feel threatened by younger comedians in the business.
Ali Baba who clocked fifty years old last week said there is no reason for him to feel
threatened.
"Why should I be threatened by them? how would I be giving them jokes? If I were, I won’t give them my jokes, and I would tell them not to use my jokes. I make jokes and give to some of them. So, there is nothing like being threatened by them" he said in an interview with Punch.
He stated once a comedian feels threatened by younger competition that means it's a sign for him to leave the game.

"The bottom line is that the day you begin to feel threatened by some other up-and-coming comedians, then you are on your way out. You’re supposed to be somebody they look up to, not somebody they compete with."
On his fiftieth birthday party his wife gave him a brand new Mercedes Benz


No comments: