Saturday 26 September 2015

Popular Ghanaian actress to launch clothing line in November

Ghanaian actress is set to launch her clothing line in November with the official opening of her shop in Accra, a new venture which reflects
not only her passion for fashion but also gives an insight into her entrepreneurial spirit.

Jackie is extending her brand into the fashion industry with the Jackie Appiah clothing line which will be available at her boutique, aptly named Jackie Appiah at Dzorwulu.


“I will be launching a clothing shop soon in Dzorwulu, Accra. That will be in November. My fans should stay put for that,’’ Jackie revealed during an exclusive interview with the Showbiz on Monday.

The new venture into fashion, according to the actress and was inspired by her fans and a long-held desire to try her hands at designing her favorite clothes and make them available to her followers.

‘’My fans inspired me to enter into the clothing business. I see it as souvenirs for them. The love I get from them for my charity works makes me want to give them something back. They keep asking me where they can have my things to buy from in order to feel close to me,’’

For an award-winning actress and fashionista who plans to enter the real estate market, the decision to move into the clothes market comes as little surprise, and follows a line of business being pursued by movie stars such as John Dumelo (J.Melo), Prince David Osei and Yvonne Nelson (YN Closet) who have either set up clothing shops or established their own clothing line.

No comments: